What Have I Beed Focused on?
Last few weeks have been a mixed bag in terms of productivity. Some days have been extremely productive. Some have been terrible drags. But I won’t complain. There have been too many things that have been positives that I can stay afloat with.
- Continued theming the blog to get it just the way I want it. I think I am pretty satisfied at this point.
- Blot has really simplified the whole blogging process - made it more casual, just the way a blog should be.
- Improved blotpub to support syndicating to Mastodon.Also added support for media-endpoint to Blotpub, finally!
- Added support for user discover in Micro.threads
- Captured few of my thoughts on Micro.blog [1 2 3], Twitter [1 2], meditation and search engines
- Had an amazing family outing to Mumbai
- Read: 18% in On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft. Turning out to be a great read this.
- Watch: Cars 3 (★)
- Watch: Continued watching Castle (now on Season 3) for that senseless entertainment.
On my mind for coming weeks
- Dev:” Implement micro.blog login APIs instead of asking for tokens in Micro.threads
- Dev:” Conversations view in Micro.threads
- [+2] Writing: Thoughts on the significance of retirement
- [+2] Writing: Update on the news experiment
Books: 10% in Final Approach. A good, breezy read till now. Watch: Dunkirk (★★★) and Ready Player One (★★) Dev:” Add support for image publishing (media-endpoint) in blotpub Dev:” Enhance explore section for efficient fetching of recommendations Reading: Look up from your screen on Aeon Reading: Denialism: what drives people to reject the truth on The Guardin Reading: Tokyo’s Long Lines Lead to Magic (and Life-Changing Ramen) on AFAR Reading: Learning Math for Machine Learning on YCombinator [+4] Continue to work on a customised Micropub endpoint. Pelle Wessman’s project has got me running. But I am going to go other direction now, start something from zero.  Micro.threads Discover section design and implementation Reading: The fallacy of obviousness by Teppo Felin at Aeon Reading: Say Hello to Full Employment by Annie Lowry at The Atlantic Long Read: Been Down So Long It Looks Like Debt to Me by M.H. Miller at The Baffler Long Read: His Brother’s Keeper by Luke Mullins at The Atlantic Long Read: Little Girl Lost by Jana G. Pruden at The Walrus 100% in Murder in the Mystery Suite by Ellery Adams. It was a breezy read, but it was so mainly because I skimmed through most of the second half. [+2]Need to get a micropub media endpoint setup. Long Read: “A Company Built on a Bluff” by Reeves Wiedeman at New York Magazine Long Read: “Inside the Crypto World’s Biggest Scandal” by Gideon Lewis-Kraus at Wired Reading: Here’s to the Dads: A Letter to Fathers by Justin Baldoni at Fatherly