What Have I Beed Focused on?
Last few weeks have been days of many firsts – many things, that I had no intention to plan for or to work towards, worked out well. Fact that one of these days was the birthday just made the few firsts tad more sweeter.
- Had a first appearance as guest on a podcast, joined Jean MacDonald on 30th episode of Micro Monday
- One of the posts I wrote on Google’s call screening feature was made part of Charles Arthur’s newsletter.
- Captured few of my thoughts on Chrome, importance of routine, being social and podcasts.
- Read: Completed On Writing: A Memoir of the Craft. It was one of my best reads (★★★★)
- Read: 10% in Lethal White. Typical Rowling start - slow, characters focused.
- Read: 5% in Becoming Steve Jobs. Listening to an audiobook - a nice read till now.
- Watch: Justice League (★★), Avengers: Infinity Wars (★★), Sui Dhaaga (★★), AndhaDhun (★★★★), Castle (★★★)
On my mind for coming weeks
- Dev: Personalised micro.threads to generate missed posts lists
- [+2] Dev: Conversations view in Micro.threads
- Dev: Support for updates in blotpub
- [+3] Write: Thoughts on the significance of retirement
- Write: A fiction in the setting of Tikwadi.
- Watch: Karwan, Fanney Khan
Thoughts Archive - 2018
[+2] Writing: Update on the news experiment Dev:” Implement micro.blog login APIs instead of asking for tokens in Micro.threads Continued theming the blog to get it just the way I want it. I think I am pretty satisfied at this point. Blot has really simplified the whole blogging process - made it more casual, just the way a blog should be. Improved blotpub to support syndicating to Mastodon.Also added support for media-endpoint to Blotpub, finally! Had an amazing family outing to Mumbai Books: 10% in Final Approach. A good, breezy read till now. Watch: Dunkirk (★★★) and Ready Player One (★★) Dev:” Add support for image publishing (media-endpoint) in blotpub Dev:” Enhance explore section for efficient fetching of recommendations Reading: Look up from your screen on Aeon Reading: Denialism: what drives people to reject the truth on The Guardin Reading: Tokyo’s Long Lines Lead to Magic (and Life-Changing Ramen) on AFAR Reading: Learning Math for Machine Learning on YCombinator [+4] Continue to work on a customised Micropub endpoint. Pelle Wessman’s project has got me running. But I am going to go other direction now, start something from zero.  Micro.threads Discover section design and implementation Reading: The fallacy of obviousness by Teppo Felin at Aeon Reading: Say Hello to Full Employment by Annie Lowry at The Atlantic Long Read: Been Down So Long It Looks Like Debt to Me by M.H. Miller at The Baffler Long Read: His Brother’s Keeper by Luke Mullins at The Atlantic Long Read: Little Girl Lost by Jana G. Pruden at The Walrus 100% in Murder in the Mystery Suite by Ellery Adams. It was a breezy read, but it was so mainly because I skimmed through most of the second half. [+2]Need to get a micropub media endpoint setup. Long Read: “A Company Built on a Bluff” by Reeves Wiedeman at New York Magazine Long Read: “Inside the Crypto World’s Biggest Scandal” by Gideon Lewis-Kraus at Wired Reading: Here’s to the Dads: A Letter to Fathers by Justin Baldoni at Fatherly