Here’s my thoughts log presented as a simple bulleted list and updated frequently, hopefully once a week at the very least. I have learnt from experience that anything more complicated, and I would not be able to keep up.
What Have I Beed Focused on?
- I am writing a lot more on my blog, updating almost daily without a miss. I don’t worry too much about the externalities of the writing. The topic, the tone, the length and the audience. If I pause at a thought, it gets published.
- I do write the thoughtful posts, the essays – I just separated them out to a different space. I find that it frees me up.
- I am reading a lot of self-help books. It’s not because I need help, rather I am really interested to see how the writers known to hit the mark structure their books. I want to find a pattern.
- I am trying my hand at doodling and sketch noting, inspired by the wonderful talk from Chad Moore and Chris Wilson.
- I update my journal daily now, both the digital one in Day One and the physical diary I carry along with me. It’s a good habit - I realized that when I read through my old posts.
Thoughts Archive - 2021
I intend to publish the newsletter issues consistently without a miss. I have managed the streak of 3. The target is 5.Sep 13, 2021 I am serious once more about my health. I am serious, but I am not taking enough measure. I need to do that.Sep 13, 2021 The days dawn calmer, and pass on faster. I have settled on to a nice workable routine for myself, especially for mornings. I wake up early, spend good 4 hours with myself & family before I begin my work day.Sep 1, 2021 I am a lot more serious about my health these days. I do not want to leave this important aspect of my life to the chance. I am including varied workouts every morning and it feels good.Sep 1, 2021 I am writing a lot less recently. Only thing that I seriously write is an issue of my newsletter. I am happy with how the later is coming out. I am not at all happy with the former.Sep 1, 2021
- ~~If you love what you do at work, you don’t dread turning up to the work – I am living the adage. ~~ Sep 1, 2021
A lot of work at work, sips the energy in weekdays. I’m having a lot of fun (and after a long long time) getting through the projects at work. The days dawn calmer, and pass on faster.May 21, 2021 I am reading a lot of books recently. I have replaced every time that I used to steal an empty glance at my mobile by one with Kindle. I have recently set a 40 pages a day goal for myself and good to see it working.May 21, 2021 Time to stay healthy with a fixed morning routine. I have been following that for more than a month now. That’s a nice feeling.May 21, 2021 Busier days also presents a possibility of burning out. I’m consciously planning my day to include a lot of family time both in the morning and the evenings. It has been working for a month now.May 5, 2021 Going through a Daily Meditation routine. For the last month, every morning I meditate for at least 10 minutes. I know it isn’t long, but am pleased that at least I have managed to stick to the routine.May 5, 2021 Minimize overthinking about platform. Just write. I have had this thought for a couple updates now. And I think am slowly getting into the groove now. I don’t think too much about why a posts exists where it exists but rather go ahead with whatever am more comfortable at that time.May 5, 2021 I’m reading a lot more these days. For my newsletter, and also otherwise. My Goodreads currently reading list is loaded with multiple books.April 21, 2021 Build a routinue that’s healthy for mind.April 21, 2021 Thanks (literally) to the ongoing pandemic, I have recently moved to my hometown. It has allowed me, after a long time, to spend some quality time with my parents.April 7, 2021 The changed location has also meant a very different routine. And I haven’t been able to get used to it yet.April 7, 2021 I am writing a lot less and am not happy about it.April 7, 2021
Books I Am Reading Currently
Einstein: His Life and Universe
Lethal White (Cormoran Strike, #4)
The Anatomy of Story: 22 Steps to Becoming a Master Storyteller
My Grandmother Sends Her Regards and Apologises
Not a Penny More, Not a Penny Less
On Writing Well: The Classic Guide to Writing Nonfiction
The Headspace Guide to Meditation & Mindfulness
Factfulness: Ten Reasons We're Wrong About the World – and Why Things Are Better Than You Think
The Antidote: Happiness for People Who Can't Stand Positive Thinking
The Late Show (Renée Ballard, #1; Harry Bosch Universe, #29)
The Code of the Woosters (Jeeves, #7)